Trouble drawing the ball
I’ve been unable to draw the ball consistently. Here’s a few reasons, and I think they come and go for me.
- Tip of cue stick must be coming up during the stroke. It isn’t ending up on the felt, where it should
- Not hitting ball low enough
- Standing up too soon, possibly to get cue stick off of table. I should stay down and lift cue up and to the left instead
Drill from SM
- Start by hitting softest stop shot possible at one-diamond distance, hitting cue ball low and making object ball roll just inches
- Gradually transition to draw shot, pulling ball back further and further after hitting ball